Tuesday 15 November 2011

Chocolate Beet Cake

So I watched this video, and it inspired me. Though my experience of making this cake was much less whimsical and dreamlike, I still played the music as I whisked to get a similar effect. (in case you're wondering, the song is "Babe" by Evenings.

I love vegetables, I love red (and pink fingers), I love heart-shaped cakes, and most of all, I love chocolate. Thus, I love this recipe.

The cake turned out so moist and delicious, with just a soft hint of beet, which was surprisingly lovely. My dog Bear really wanted to try it. I think that's a good sign.

ingredients:
2 c. beets (pureed)
2 c. flour (I used whole wheat pastry)
1.5 c. dark brown sugar
4 oz. semisweet chocolate (melted)
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. butter
3 eggs

create:
1) preheat oven at 375
2) puree the beets (fresh is best!) in a processor, then add in the butter, vanilla, and eggs.
3) in a large bowl, whisk in the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
4) then add the wet ingredients, plus the melted chocolate.
5) scoop into a pan, and bake for ohhh about 30 minutes. mine seemed to take a long while.



oh that's good...


(don't tell them it has veggies in it until after they eat) 



No comments:

Post a Comment