Sunday 11 December 2011

Cranberry Gingerbread Bundt

Christmas parties. So many Christmas parties. Which means, so many opportunities for baking yummy things!! Woo! So I get pretty excited. Plus, it's nearly finals week, and I'll use whatever distraction I can grab at to give me a study break. Hence the bundt. And, who doesn't love to say the word "bundt"?! It's so fantastic! I'll make a bundt any day just so that I can say the word a zillion times over. Oh, and it's real pretty, quite the crowd-pleaser. Apparently my friends also said that it actually tasted delicious as well. So you really can't go wrong. If you're in need of a Christmas baked good, give this a go.

Ingredients:

3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1tsp. baking soda
1 (heaping) Tb. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter (melted&cooled)
1c. brown sugar
1c. molasses
1/2 c. buttermilk
3 eggs
12 oz. fresh cranberries

1/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. chopped dark chocolate
dash of cinnamon

Create:

bake at 350. butter & flour a bundt pan.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
Beat butter, molasses, eggs, brown sugar, and buttermilk. Add gradually to the dry ingredients.
Fold in the cranberries.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until it's set.
Let it cool completely, then take it out of the mold, place it on a pretty platter.

In a double boiler, melt up the chocolate and add in the heavy cream, stirring continually. Add the bit of cinnamon if you're feelin brave (it makes the chocolate taste even more "dark").
Pour over the cake, and serve.
Yes, I am certainly wearing my ugly Christmas sweater.


God bless us, everyone. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment